Curly, Coiled, & Confused?:
6 tips for the Natural Hair Bride
by Sonia Castleberry
Listen up Curly Brides! If you want your hair to look amazing on your wedding day, maintenance and preparation is key! Here are 6 vital steps that you should follow to make sure your hair is looking it’s absolute best for your Big Day!
1. Have a bridal hair consultation at least 3 months in advance with your chosen hair stylist. During this time try out several different styles and choose the one that best fits you and your personality. Take into consideration, your style of dress, facial structure, and climate.
2. Schedule a hair trim appointment 3 weeks prior to the date. This will help to minimize breakage by ensuring that your hair is free of split ends.
3. Limit your heat usage! Excessive heat use can lead to heat damage over time, which can permanently damage your natural curl pattern. If you must use heat always make sure you are applying a heat protectant first. TRESemme’ Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray guards against heat and friction to keep your hair shiny and incredibly soft.
4. Began a deep conditioning treatment regimen ASAP! Once a week you should apply an all natural conditioner to your hair and allow it sit for 15 min. This process helps to rejuvenate your hair from the weather elements and manipulation. TRESemme’ Naturals Nourishing Conditioner is lightweight silicone free, and uses natural ingredients to hydrate your hair.
5. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and using water based products! This will keep your hair well hydrated and moisturized.
6. Protect your curls at night by wearing a silk or satin bonnet. If you aren’t the bonnet type opt out and purchase a silk or satin pillowcase.
Source: Hair: Adunni Easton Photography: Michael Clark